Thursday, September 14, 2006

Artsy? am I?



Never thought that i was artsy. I don't read much. I don't know how to play any instrument. I don't know how to appreciate paintings and stuffs.

At best i enjoy watching artsy films.But ask me to analyse and critque.....

Recently, i been watching a fair bit of "The Return of the Condor Heroes " or in simplified chinese: "神雕侠侣", a chinese classic "wuxia" novel written by Jinyong, first published on May 20, 1959The story revolves around Yang Guo the son of Yang Kang, and his lover Xiaolongnü in their struggle of finding their own destiny in an unfamiliar world.

And it just sparked off memories of my youth, which i read the novel and many other novels writtened by Jinyong.

Indeed, i realised that my values and ideas on romance was heavily influenced during such a time in my life. Notions of honour, chivalry, love, brotherly bond, valour are all indoctrinated into me.

For more detailed information by wikipedia click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_the_Condor_Heroes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home