Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fears and pitfalls in life

Something which we discussed in detail during camp.
It is just interesting to note the list of fears that everyone came up with.
The False Evidence Appearing Real list:
  1. of people's expectation
  2. of disappointment
  3. of regret
  4. of rejection
  5. of failure
  6. of loneliness
  7. of pain
  8. of loss of control

And that list is not exhaustive.. rather thats all that i can remember which stood out for me.

From the list, it is obvious that both christians and non christians alike suffer from the same deception of FEAR. So how do we overcome FEAR?

The answer lies with 2 words: Magnify, Focus

Just like the song:Oh magnify the lord! Oh magnify the lord! For he is worthy to be praise!

We need to magnify the God in our lives for the knowledge of God in us is directly proportionaly to our ability to combat FEAR. ie the need to continue to feed ourselves spiritually.

Focus! Look to Jesus. Like Peter who was focused on Jesus, he was able to walk on water! Matthew14:22-36

Also we can draw strength and hope that God has a specific plan in our lives. Jeremiah29:11-14 states, For I know the plans I have for you, declares the lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and i will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you", declares the lord, " and will bring you back from captivity.

And that no FEAR will hold us back.

Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home