Monday, October 30, 2006

I nearly wanted to just kill him!

I could not believe my ears.

"I'm not sure you did anything at all, all my comments are the same and I didn't bother to read any further... I'm hoping that you have another draft and this is not the lastest one."

"Yea, I got another which I did some things up over the weekend.."

" No I dun want to see minor changes, you need major changes.. Until then I'm not reading anymore things."

I nearly choked when I heard those words, I thought that the second lastest draft is good enough to at least hear some positive comments. But ....

Some how I had this tingling feeling that he had read the older version and my suspicious were confirmed when I went back to the lab to access my email.

That idiotic supervisor of mine read the bloodly old version which he slammed down almost everything in it. Obviously if he read the same draft, the comments were going to be the same. Plus it was so obvious he did nothing over the weekend and just read my intro like briefly just before asking me to meet at his office.

What a bugger!, Lazy arse.! He didn't even bother to finish reading everything!

What the heck!. This is what I paid Monash International for. 23k Aussie dollars , for such crap supervision. Man, I feel cheated of my money! Bull crap education!

Am near the edge of giving up, I am so tired. Burnt out academically. Academically to date, this year has been the most challenging, I had to give up/sacrificed so much of my time and leisure. And only to have a supervisor whom I do not feel like he is running this bloodly tiring race with me with all that he has got.

I can only turn to God, for he can and is willing to calm all storms. He will fight my battle with me and for me. I am indeed pushed to the limit. I am near to tears. Desperate. Lost. Uncertain of what he wants from me.

Although this is out of context, I thank God for 2nd Corinthians 4:8-9: We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.


Holding tightly onto what I read last nite:
Psalms 126: When the Lord brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed.
Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations, "The Lord has done great things for them."
The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.
Restore our fortunes, O Lord , like streams in the Negev.
Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.
He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.

I believe that I will reap what I sow, that all my efforts and sacrifices will not go to waste.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kor..jiayou..I believe you can do it..and i am behind you..JIAYOU!! = )

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah/Suan Mei said...

Yea man. Kill him...err...with kindness, heh. U know, to heap coals on his head and all that. Too bad I'm your CG leader I have to say spiritual things.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home